In 1942 Einar Cook recognized a need for new, innovative farm equipment. He established Cook Disc and Implements to invent, design, and manufacture robust farm equipment suited for specific crops.
In the 1950s, operations expanded to include farming row crops such as cotton and wheat. With the economy changing and financial stability a necessary priority, the Cooks also built and leased light industrial warehouses on 20 acres on the corner of Shaw and Peach Avenue, laying the foundation for what became Cook Land Company.
The development soon evolved to include commercial uses such as restaurants, service stations, and corner markets. In addition, farmland on Locan and Shepard Avenues and Academy and Ashlan Avenues were subdivided for farming and residential development.